Active 8 Support Services provide accommodation with visiting support packages for both unaccompanied asylum seeking children and asylum seeking families.
With a holistic approach we aim to improve levels of health, safety & well-being and general inclusion.
Our Services Include:
- Tailored, comprehensive support services for young unaccompanied asylum seekers and family groups.
- Key worker representation and involvement in statutory and other meetings.
- A quick and efficient induction process which covers all key set-up targets within the first 14 days – acquiring and accessing: local authority social workers; legal services; primary care and specialist medical services; education provision; community group/peer support and other daily living requirements.
- Transport & collection services from around the UK.
- Issue of individual allowances, bus-passes and other necessary provisions as allocated by purchasing services.
- High standard accommodation which meets all safety and legal requirements ranging from single placements to appropriately matched shared occupancies.
- Visiting support through our dedicated accommodation-management team who ensure that positive home situations are nurtured and maintained.
- Incentive approaches to encourage school attendance etc.
- Encouragement to access to local, social opportunities e.g. events, sports and exercise, community groups and cultural & religious celebrations.
- Emergency accommodation offered in properties in the Northwest to range of authorities from Scotland to the south coast and all around the UK.